SKINCARE COME LIFE UPDATE | POETRY

Happy new year my loves!

This here is the first blog post of 2019 - you can bet that I just typed 2018 out before correcting myself - and I am somewhat actively telling myself that this year will be a good year!

 Last January I wrote a blog post about my favorite new skincare products. I decided that I was going to start looking after my skin as best possible and I did for quite a while but I have sadly fallen off the band wagon over the past few months. My skin is so bad at the moment and I've been wearing more foundation than I usually do which is even more counter productive to getting my skin to look a bit better. I think that a lot of it was the stress of trials, and me having to really tend to my house all by myself after my dad dislocated his hip in a little motorbike accident. He was on bedrest for a few weeks but he's fine now, just to put your mind at ease, haha. 

I'll also touch on this very briefly because I have a long blog post planned out that will come in the next few weeks. From about March 2018, my granny who has lived with us for the past four years started to suffer with sciatica that would become more and more intense and recurring over the next six months. It got so bad that her leg eventually froze up and that's when she was admitted to hospital. After that my aunty Geraldine came to help us with looking after her. My granny was slowly making progress and getting back to a better state of mind  but sadly developed an ulcer almost over night and passed away in ICU in the early hours after two days. 

I have to say, that put me severely out of routine, and my mind was completely jumbled throughout finals. I didn't look after myself and I do admit that I most likely shaved my legs a total of 3 times throughout those six weeks. I was so dry and I barely ever took my makeup off before going to bed. I don't like to say so, but I think the grief after my granny died took more of a toll on me physically than it did mentally. 

 In order for me to remedy this situation I have decided to get back into routine and look after myself the way I deserve to be looked after because #selflove is exceptionally important.


My favourite brand for all things body is definitely poetry - click here for the link please babe. I think about 50% of the appeal is the packaging and then the other 50% is fragrance and moisturizing ability if you catch my drift. 

I've never really seen such interesting scents from any brand, other than POETRY. The most common scents these days include citrus, lilac, sandalwood, mint etc. and I find it to be so boring. I mean come on guys, ORCHID AND FRANGIPAN, tell me that's not original! I also had a Madagascan Vanilla fragrance set once upon a time and I kept the candle after the wick had burnt up. The scent of the vanilla was so friggen good I couldn't go without  smelling it once in a while. 


The packaging calms the fires in my soul btw.

And can I just talk about the body butter - non-greasy , absorbs relatively quickly and not too thick. Bliss. 

Okay, I think I've talked about this brand enough and I'm picturing my friends having serious envy and becoming lifelong poetry lovers. I'm not sure if that will actually be the case though. 

Have a fantastic week ahead my loves. I seriously hope you enjoyed my little skincare come life update. Tell me your resolutions for the new year if you have any!

Sam xx 


Comments

Popular Posts