HANDBAG STAPLES

Who else got really sucked into the minimalism mindset after watching Marie Kondo on Netflix TRANSFORMING peoples lives? I certainly did and it feels so good to not hold onto stupid shit. 

I always tell my dad that he needs to get rid of anything that doesn't spark joy, apparently it is a very foreign idea and he cannot trust any women who enjoy tidying their homes. Acceptance is the key to happiness, I said with a sigh.

Over the past two months I've started making a little checklist for when I go out. I like smaller bags as opposed to the type of handbag that you need to hoist over your shoulder and clutch onto as you walk, those are the worst(I would hate to see what my life is going to look like when I have children)!

I used to go out for the day and would always forget something, whether it was really small like a hairband or big like my phone(always a regrettable situation).

Now, I just pack a few items into my handbag and they STAY THERE. It's so funny how the smallest of small things can make me really satisfied and feel like a life winner.

Normally my photographic skills are quite good. Not today. Idk how to take a nice picture of a handbag draped over my shoulder so am resorting to a flat lay type image. Forgive me Aesthetic Gods 


MY HANDBAG STAPLES

Hand Cream - literally cannot go without it. I NEED to have moisturised hands!

Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector - I know that I've featured this in a previous blog post but it is the literal BEST. I'm on my 3rd sample as I can't afford the real deal and so grateful to the ladies at Clarins counter at Edgars Pavilion who give me all the samples. I don't think I've met lovelier make-up artists ever. 

I always keep a small tin in my handbag with a few grips, a hair tie and a set of large pearl earrings. I'm not the biggest accessory fan so normally put my earrings on when I'm getting out of the car. 

The OLDEST bottle of hand sanitiser there is.

A lip balm from the cutest independant store in Hillcrest called Mookins. I love their sustainable packaging and all the gorgeous bathbombs. Soso lovely. 

Ladies, let's be real about this. We are ALWAYS prepared. Blue tin has tampons in it. So small, so discreet. You get the idea.

Finally my wallet. I have a bit of a wallet obsession so have quite a few but for now this is what I am using. I might be wrong in saying this but I think it was my first big girl purse. I most probably liked the fact there was lots of space for cards haha. 

As always thank you for reading. Have a fab day, evening or week ahead. Make the most of it! 

Sam xx 


  

  

Comments

Popular Posts