MAKEUP MINIMALISM | EMBRACING LESS

Hello Lovers

T. Swizzle is bringing out a new album. Deeply hoping that it's as good as REPUTATION. 

It's been a crazy few months( I've been working at a nursery school as a teaching assistant before I go overseas to au pair) and now I'm finally able to sit down and write a post up. I feel like I'm in my element - all I need now is to have a cappuccino and croissant at my side whilst I stab at my keyboard feeling all kinds of inspired.

***

Social media is such an amazing place and I've learnt so much about the world around me. 
One thing that I've learnt a lot about in the past few months is how our favourite beauty brands manufacture their products and I have to say, I am so much more conscious of what I buy and how long I use a product for. I've recycled all the packaging of expired products that I could and made sure that the products I've kept are of a good standard. 

Something that I've noticed is how my older products(many of which my aunty has given me as she hasn't had any use for them after purchasing - you know how it goes) are really standing up to the test of time. I've got some really old Clinique products that are just as creamy and pigmented as the day I got them. 

EMBRACING THE MINIMALIST WAY

This freebie Lancome MU travel bag is the best thing I've ever received. I only used it when I went away or for when I had practised my makeup for an event and wanted to keep all the products I had used separate. Before I had everything stuffed in one particular drawer in my dresser and if a poor product was shuffled to the bottom of the drawer it would consider itself dead at that very moment.

1D perfume because it was the only thing that really situated the colour palette in the image. Oh gosh, just smelling the scent takes me back to listening to  "
What Makes You Beautiful" on repeat all day, every day.

Switching over to the travel bag was so good because I realised how much I could fit into the compartmentalised bags and that being so excessive was silly, I needed to keep products that I would use almost daily, suit me and toss the rest! I got rid of all the make up that didn't suit my skin tone. I had so many bright colours that I just about never used and gave them away to a make-up artist in my area who was struggling with starting up.


Doing this has made me feel really good in that I'm not hoarding anymore and everything that I own can be loved by me and I don't feel guilty about over-consuming and creating unneeded waste - the smallest of the smallest changes matter yanno.

You might just notice some Tanya Burr branded products there. I'll be honest when I first got the face trio and eyeshadow quad I wasn't too impressed, pushed them aside and carried on with my life as usual. Maybe 6 months later I opened up the trio when I couldn't find a blush that would work for me and fell in love a little bit. They're really blendable, but just take a bit more work than other trios I have bought in the past.


I have a few more eyeshadows than what is pictured(I keep them all underneath the TB products) but was focusing a bit more on the 'gramability of the shot lol. Really warm soft hues are my go to's as you can see. 
My favourite trick for a really quick bit of glam is to take my Clinique single- far right - all over the eye and BLEND. It's so shimmery, it's like highlighter for your eyes! 


In the tiny bag I have that is dedicated to the eye region I literally have a mascara, Lancome eyebrow chubby stick and a few other bits that I can't give away because they've been a bit TOO well-loved and still good quality. 


My tiny lipstick bag has some lovely glosses and I'm holding onto most of the lipsticks for sentimental reasons only. I've never been a really bright lip person, most days I stick with my 3rd Lancome lip perfector sample and occasionally go over to a red if the need strikes me. Just a fun fact, matte lipsticks make me feel terrible! I think its the dryness that does it! 



I like to keep my brushes, foundation and concealer in a separate (freebie) bag just for the sake of cleanliness. 

For ages I had so many different cheap brushes that I had no idea how to use and after I tossed them I felt so much better. Now I use my first Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and a few good quality brushes I bought at Edgars along with my HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION - Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Wear. I haven't really found a concealer that truly WORKS for ME but I've just run out of the L.A girl concealer that everyone raves about. I would say that it was good but I'm still looking for something amazing. Drop me your recommendations, I love hearing peoples thoughts on ALL things beauty.


Wow, that took me over two hours to write up. I'm thorough, I can tell you that much.

Sam xx

Comments

Popular Posts