LIVING THAT INFLUENCER LIFE

A happy Friday eve my loves! 

Life has been tough the past few weeks. 

I have been trying to find a job for a little while now and I have to admit - ITS A BIT TAXING on my young and care free soul. My heart goes out to all those who are trying to make ends meet without the love and help of their loved ones. 

On Christmas Day I had a family day and spoke to my cousin who has been in marketing for many years about being an "influencer". I dislike that word but I'm using it for the blog post as it seems to fit the theme very well. 

"Influencers" have this reputation to live up to. Fast cars, beautiful bodies, free EVERYTHING and somehow always jetting off to yet another tropical destination. I know someone - strange right, I know people - who always refers to herself as an "influencer". She has just over 1 500 followers on the Gram and it seems like brands LOVE her, always showing off the heaps of beauty products that she gets mailed, going out to clubs. All that stuff that makes us feel insecure and worthless. Until I noticed something - her Kylie palettes, her Anastasia of Beverly Hills highlighters and her MAC  foundation are just a bit different to the real deal. Everything she uses is illegally reproduced to imitate the product that we all lust after, but a bit out of our budget. I don't really mind that she does that but living a double existence is very upsetting to me.

If you think about it, there are many, many people out there that do the exact same. My blog was formed on the basis that I would share my authentic life, being as real as possible. I've told you guys about some weird shit and I've also written about all the lovely things that have happened in the past  18 or so years.


 It bothers me to think that people are living lives that are not their own. The reason that life is what it is, is because of how raw and challenging things can be at time. Success in your life is imminent so why not share your success when it's real.

Every time that we succeed we can hit up our social media and be like "Hey, I succeeded today! Look at me!" s opposed to pretending that our successes have already been achieved. I know that girls mainly read over here so I'll appeal to the masses.

Ladies - Your life on social media should not look any different to the life that your friends and family see you living. Be authentic, powerful and fun without having to make anything up.

Has this turned into a motivational speech?

Sam xx 

Comments

Popular Posts