PROGRESS | 2017 CLEANLINESS REPORT

Would you believe it if I told you that the December holidays have been a productive time for me? No, you wouldn't because you know all about the utter laziness and lack of hygiene that occurs in this 6 week long period of bliss.

Anyways, so I decided whilst watching Bridget Jones for the 32nd time to get out the December Slump and start getting my life sorted.
What do I mean by this? I mean that I need to start cleaning my house out, not becoming mentally stable and sorting matric projects out. Gosh, wonder if you thought I meant the latter? That would be embarrassing..

So yes, I have cleaned out my perfectly imperfect bedroom and found so many childhood toys that I forgot all about. The weirdest part of this cleaning business is that I have realized how attached I am to some of my belongings. I told myself that I would give away or throw out the majority of my childhood belongs and I could keep 5 items. Sounds so simple, doesn't it? IT IS NOT! I kept just about everything. So, what did I do? I shoved everything into the top shelf in my grandmothers bedroom and called it the CHILDHOOD TOY SHELTER FOR TOYS IN DESPERATE SITUATIONS, labeled it and everything. 

Moving on, there is much more space in majority of my cupboards and things feel so uncluttered and this makes me happy. I've donated all the books in my bedroom and stored away the ones in my dads bedroom. Now it feels kind of perfect when you don't include the contents of the cupboards of course.  
It's looking a bit untidy at the moment, but we'll get there.
Some books have remained, but you can't get what you want all the time!

This productivity has put such a bounce in my step and now I'm determined to clean up my own act and loose weight, start dressing better and just taking care of MYSELF in my matric year whilst maintaining this blog and my academics, maybe even maintaining a romantic relationship(lets hold thumbs boys and girls, you're the first to know about this). It's going to be a challenge because I always put myself last but I need to do this! 2018 is the Year of Sue - oops I meant Sam (comment if you know the reference).

Okay so I think this is the last blog post I will do in 2017. I'm wishing you, my lovely reader the best possible 2018 and a NYE to remember!

Sam xx 

Comments

Popular Posts