Perfectly Imperfect | New Room, Same Clutter


Hello everybody! I promised myself that I would post today, so here I am at 10 P.M. Durban in winter time is one of the best times to be alive but definitely not when sleeping on a couch on two of the coldest days of the year. It wasn't pleasurable, I'll say that much, but in the end it was all worth it. It was all worth it because for a full week my bedroom was painted and made to be beautiful again.

Back in 2002, when the jeans were low rise and the scarves were far too long, the bedroom that I currently reside in was spray painted by two teenage boys that my sister fantasized about for many months after moving in. They were just her type with the baggy jeans and long hair, for ages she tried to decipher the signature written by the one of the artist(who had also previously lived in my current bedroom) so that she could find him and passionately stare into this persons eyes. Alas, the phone book and consulting my father about the mystery man's true identity failed her and she was left heart broken by the impossibility of meeting the love of her miserable teenage life.

So that leads me to the present. The spray paint was chipping and there was nothing calming about my bedroom anymore. A change needed to be made and eventually after years of thinking and pondering my dad just welcomed me home to a bedroom that was now a blank canvas. Just like that. Well, it actually took a few days to get the completely blank canvas as my gardener and his cousin scraped away at the spray paint for hours on end. Getting it to what it is now has been very hard as I have added my bits and bobs to my bedroom over the years and I can confidently say that it is perfectly imperfect.

My bedroom was always a replica of  a tip in my earlier teenage years, that is before I found a lizard under a pile of clothes. I was never the same again.

Oh Emm Gee - Its a fetus picture!

When YouTube was still a thing for me. Do you notice the old T.V in the background?

And those are just about the only focused normal pictures I have of my bedroom. I have grown so much, it's weird to see how different I looked back then!

So now, the new bed room!

My father gave me my very first plush toy on the day that my room was finished. Thanks dad, you're only 17 years late.

This is also referred to as my reading nook. 

ALL of my schoolwork on the top two shelves along with a few photo albums. Bottom shelf is all of my favorite books. 

Thank you for the reflection Mr. Sun. That was nice of you to add the extra lighting.


Perfectly imperfect - a frame that lacks a picture.


The most perfectly imperfect of all the places in my house. I collect books and lots of them have been dumped in my bedroom by a certain family member. The pile used to be much higher but thankfully I learnt about storage and how to double it. Blog post will soon be up on that too.

My collage on my wardrobe door. This reflects my whole life and what I hold close to my heart.

When I was thinking of a title for this post I was getting ready for my day, and I saw this mess and all the books. Perfectly imperfect was the first thing I though of.  

Up close and personal with the clutter.

And then, if you want to see my average weekend look.

Thank you for reading everybody. I just wanted to add in that the blue wall is Bird's Egg by Plascon and the the lighter wall is Whipped Cream, also by Plascon. I wish I had pictures when the the walls were being scraped down, sadly I lost all of them in a technological glitch.
 
I am so happy with the new look but obviously want to get rid of the clutter, so if any friends are reading and you're you looking for a new book to read, you know who to call! I have no idea where the books are going to go, but I will eventually find a place for them. It looks so good, and I am soso happy that the 2000s vibe is gone. I needed something that was a bit more me.

Sam xx

Comments

  1. Hi everybody, this is just a little post dedicated to my bedroom revelation. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts