Sporting!

Hello beautiful world! Today I finished my exams and feel tippity toppity every time I walk past my desk which used to be in a sorry disarray of notes and pens. I'm really happy with how this exam period went and I hope that anyone who might be reading this post also received good marks for their efforts.

 Onto todays topic though, I just got back from practice(I do the Midmar Mile so I train up for it by swimming a half mile on Tuesday and Thursday and then I swim a full mile on Saturdays) and I feel rejuvenated. This afternoon I started to feel really crap so went for a sleep in hopes of waking up and being able to train without having a need to vom. I'll tell you this much, I woke up feeling hangry and like I needed to lie down  with a giant cup of cocoa. Instead I soldiered on and waited for my coach to get there. So once I got into the water and after I had done a few laps I actually did start to feel better. Then I attempted some freestyle and felt good about that.

 Right now I feel really great and have realized something - staying active is important. It keeps your body looking great, helps with school work and a also distracts my mind. I'm an over-thinker by nature so when I swim my mind goes completely blank. I don't think about much except for maybe how that tiny rock hurts a lot more than you would think. 

I suppose this post is just the spin off of a good mood. If anyone reading has something to contribute then go on and tell me about your love for sport. I want to know all about what you do and how it makes you feel!

Sam xx

Comments

Popular Posts