Getting out of a rut!

Aloha my oh-so-lovely blog readers! The slight chill of autumn has finally descended upon Durban which has absolutely made my world. Something that was well needed in my life has to have been a haircut! I had lots of split ends that just needed to be cut off.. The last time I got a haircut must have been a good eight months ago. I could just never get round to going for some reason and then when I walked out of the hairdresser my dad and I had only been in there for half an hour though I will admit that Christina only took 5 minutes on my dad’s hair(he’s a very simple man when it comes to hair and what not) I realized that I had been putting it off for far too long. At the end of the day it all boils down to the fact that I was in an extreme rut(other factors have contributed, not just hair). I feel like my hair has been the same length since I was about 9 years old but recently it has been even longer (long as in an inch away from my bum when its straightened) than I have ever had it. It was such a weird experience to see it short because as I said I have probably had it the same length my whole life! All I do nowadays is touch my hair and comb it through my fingers without it knotting up(my hair could previously be compared to cheap extension; Barbie doll hair). The biggest plus has to be not using as much shampoo and conditioner!
Here is a cheeky little before and after.. Please don't laugh at the looking into the distance facial expression, its the only picture I have with just about all my hair in the picture..

I have rambled quite a bit but what I am trying to say is that one needs to get out of a rut and experience new things, perhaps you could try out yoga or taste foods that in the past you may not have liked. My favorite activity to do that lifts my spirits dramatically is going to a really cute market in Umhlanga Rocks(very fancy suburb) and eat a falafel while sitting by the little lake and occasionally getting sprayed by jet spouts. Simple things like this can make your life feel much more manageable because in this fast paced world we need to sit back for a moment and celebrate the really simple things in life. A great example of this: “Today the sky is completely cloudless and there is no heat. I am thankful for a cooler sun to shine upon my face today after this blistering hot summer” or “I am thankful for the food that God(if you believe in the big guy upstairs) puts on my table each and every day without fail”. Things like this really do give me a sense of happiness and fulfillment, calming my soul and heart.

I really hope that you guys have enjoyed reading about the hair dilemma and if you want write any of your experiences of getting out of a rut..

Sam xx

Comments

Popular Posts