Keeping motivated!

This particular subject is something that I think about constantly. It's so important to keep yourself motivated especially at crucial times like exam months, keeping active and what not. If I'm honest whilst I am typing this out I have been procrastinating by watching a Zalfie vlog on YouTube, exactly the reason why I have decided to write this up. The idea of this blog post came round today, I was watching a video by someone that had not uploaded in absolute ages and I do think that he is a rather good 'un. He was going on about how he just feels no motivation for YouTube as his day job takes up just about all his time and energy and I have to say, I do quite agree. Thinking about this has actually made me smack myself in the face because if I'm honest I could be making a video once a week and writing a blog post too. Not having uploaded a video in about a year honestly bugs me a tad bit as it is something that I would personally like to go so much further into but at the moment I am happy to be swaddled up in my little nook of the internet where I don't have to look good mainly ie. nice hair, no pajamas and a bit of makeup whereas I just have to worry about writing well over here and I don't have to worry about how much light is coming through or is my bedroom a tad bit messy.. .  Another reason for me writing this is because today was the end of my school term. I had such a terrible mark for Biology and no matter how hard I try there are certain things that I will never understand in the subject. I am literally just having to rely on a friend to help me out of the sticky mess I have gotten myself into(thanks Zama you have saved little heart) until I can do my subject changes. I must admit that I really do try hard when it comes to school work. I do loads of notes and flashcards and my school work always comes before my social life(not that I really have one)! I'm also thinking about my poor eating habits and lack of exercise that I get. I think about what I could be doing and being able to wear crop tops and really skinny jeans which I can't do because it just looks terrible on me. My self esteem is completely ruined by all the girls when I see their Instagrams on my feed, I know I shouldn't be comparing myself because everyone is different but it's hard not to.. anyway I am completely rambling so I thought that I would give you a few tips on how to keep you motivated from my less than imaginative mind.


Make a to do list. There is something so satisfying about crossing items off. It just makes me feel so very productive and there really is not a better feeling..

Get more sleep! Being well rested will help you to continue throughout the day without feeling tired and lethargic.

Start exercising but don't over-do it. Start off with a walk every other day maybe and then after a little while you can do a bit of a jog. It really will help you to gain lots of energy.

Clean up your work space! I have a little motto in my house and that is "Tidy house, Tidy mind". It truly does help when your surroundings are neat and tidy. Normally if I am studying I can't focus until I have stacked my books neatly and have all my color pens lined out from lightest to darkest!

Set a deadline for the task at  hand. I know that If I say to myself, the floors must be swept and washed by 9:30am I will jump out of bed at 8:50 put some clothes on and do what I have to. Feeling productive is honestly the single most amazing feeling, in the world!

I hope that these little bits of advice and a lorra lorra bits of ramble have helped you along and also showed you that absolutely everyone else has these problems, we are teenagers after all! 

Sam xx









Comments

Popular Posts