My Valentines Disaster!

Valentines for me is terrible. It honestly sucks so bad! The worst parts for me are the various couples and the mystery roses that I have never received from a nice boy that really cares about me but from some really mean and narcissistic girls. :(  Today I will retell my experience of my first Valentines as a teenager who had one month before incorporated herself into a big bowl of mean high school girls.




The Beginning
Now then, this all started a week before and some very icky girls who I would like to name but will opt to referring to them as THINGS 1-4. Things 1-4 approached me some time during class whilst I studiously pretended to be doing my Geography homework. The only thing I can really remember them saying is: "We have a secret for you!" Supposedly there was a boy in our grade (grade 8) that had the hots for me and of course I was flattered. They even went as far as to write a letter which was in Thing 3s hand writing! To be honest I really didn't believe them but the idea of some summer lovin won me over and soon I had taken the bait. At this point I did not question it and followed the bread crumbs that lead to Valentines!

 

Valentines Day
Come the morning of the 14th I had received a rose from Anonymous. This was exciting because it was no longer talk but evidence of a secret admirer. For the rest of the morning they led me on about this boy and come break time they had told me that it was "a practical joke" but let me tell you it really hurt my poor little heart. There were lots of tears and a lovely girl that saw me losing my shit tried to help me find them so that I could confront them but obviously we had no idea of where they had decided to sneak off to. I will be eternally grateful Kayla! 


Now it comes to me trying to get my own back so there I was standing at the door of my physics classroom(early I might add) thinking about what I will tell Thing 1 who came shortly after. I took my rose and with tears in my eyes bent it in half and gave it to her while she gave me a look that said "go away you stupid cow why don't you commit social suicide by walking into that classroom with your eyes full of tears and sit with those dorky friends of yours". That must have been hard to pull off I'll give her that.. But I wiped away the tears and walked into that classroom feeling like I had conquered Everest because hey, I sort of had... 


Now I will tell you, Valentines may mega suck without a boy or girl to buy you roses and choccies but there is no need to have a bad day.. Embrace it by throwing a love sucks party or maybe baking some brownies  and spending a night catching up on Netflix.. On an end note Valentines is just any other day and enjoy an unromantic one while you can!

Comments

Popular Posts